Alomcare children service is a specialist provider of home-based services for individuals with complex needs.
- Respite care at home,
- Respite care away from home,
- Activities and play co-ordinating,
- Care Worker to support family care in addressing the complex needs of the young person
- Support with mother and baby
Respite Care at Home
Finding a residential placement may be very difficult and are often not the first preference for families. Alomcare respite care at home offers regular support service at the time when most needed, reducing the problem of waiting on residential placement. With us, experienced support workers provide one-to-one support to service users in their own home or ordinary community setting.
The respite care at home includes:
- Early morning care to assist with preparation for school or day center
- Respite care in the family home is an alternative to residential home placement. With this, they can be provided with one-to-one services and family caregivers can have respite from their caregiving responsibilities with the help of our well-vetted and experienced care staff. This allows families to have a short break, while children and young people remain in a natural environment.
- Fully trained respite care staff
- Home care nutrition management
The service supports children and young people between 0-19 and over 19 who meet the eligibility criteria established by the province and have the following special needs:
- Learning difficulties, physical difficulties, sensory difficulties;
- Complex medical needs;
- Life-limiting conditions
- Asperser’s syndrome, autism spectrum disorder, severe and persistent mental illness, Prader-Willi syndrome, and dual diagnosis.
- A child/young person-centered and family-centered assessment and service planning;
- A professional care coordinator assigned to each child and family to provide assessment, planning guidance, and full-service coordination;
- Back-up support and consultation from our team of staff;
- 24-hour on-call support and intervention;
- Comprehensive quality assurance and risk management systems;
- AApproval of career by parent and family.
The kinds of support we provide children are based on their overall needs that are determined by an assessment at the beginning of their care. Among the assistance they can receive from us include the following:
- Personal care
- Specialist tasks
- Promoting independence
- Accessing community facilities
Get in Touch
Learn more about the needed requirements for your child to be eligible for this services. Please do not hesitate to send us your inquiries today. Or, you can directly contact us using the details provided for an immediate response.